Introduction

 Hi, my name is Hyunji Lee and I am taking OSD600 (Open Source Development) course which is one of the professional options at Seneca, CPAC (Computer Programming and Analysis with Co-op) diploma program. Currently, I am located in Toronto. I do not go outside like before due to COVID-19. It is a little bit boring but I think it is a good chance to improve my developing skills in this situation.

I have developed a variety of programming skills at college and am trying to improve my skills. Specifically, I have an interest in web development. This website named BookEat is the one I have created with my team a few months ago. We used a MERN (MongoDB, Express, React, and NodeJS) stack application with a platform named Heroku. We managed our codes using git and that was impressive. As I usually manage my codes of my personal project using git & GitHub, I thought I know how to use git. However, when I was using a git for the team project, it was totally different. I should think about the collision, merging, branches, etc. I got I need more experience with the git.

This semester, I saw a course related to learning about the open-source is open. When I checked the course outline, I feel this course is the one I want to. I can learn about the git, how to contribute open-source, and how to find a bug in a huge project. I believe these skills will be great assets in the future.

The Github repository I forked from trending repositories is named generator-jhipster. When I looked around the jhipster’s website, it said JHipster is a development platform to quickly generate, develop, & deploy modern web application & microservice architecture. As the most interesting subject for me these days is a web application, I picked this open-source. I would like to look around this project later on. This is the repository I forked generator-jhipster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lab 8: Automated Testing and Continuous Integration

Project: Final

Open Source Project: Lab2 (Pull Request)