Release 4.0 - Part 2: Progress

For release 4.0, I need to work on a more difficult task than other issues I've worked on. The project I chose is Telescope which is the internal project of this course. The blog post for part 1: why I chose this project is the following: https://hyunjijanelee.blogspot.com/2020/11/release-40-part-1.html

As I have no idea about GatsbyJS and Next.js and don't know how the front-end works on the Telescope project, I've decided to spend my time this week researching and communicating.

Firstly, I communicated with the Telescope community. As I heard the task I take (error page) is partly done, I asked the person who took this before what parts are left so I will not mess up another person's work. He replied any of the front-end logic utilizes Gatsby aside from the router. I got I can fully work on this task.

Secondly, I read the documents about this task on Telescope GitHub. As many people partly take this issue (one person works on the login page, another person works on the footer component, etc), there are some documents to stark this task.

Also, I merged upstream master codes. As I forked Telescope repository a few weeks ago and the forked repository was beyond some commits, I added upstream remote and did merge it.

Finally, I researched how to port GatsbyJS code to Next.js. When I googled it, there are some documents on how to do it. Also, I've checked some pull requests already merged or created pull request related to issue #1316

I know the best way to learn code is diving into coding. I will spend my whole next week coding this task and completing. Actually, it is a little bit nervous to do a task using a language I am not familiar with. However, I believe I can do it with googling and community.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lab 8: Automated Testing and Continuous Integration

Open Source Project: Lab2 (Pull Request)

Release 0.3: External Project (Hasura GraphQL Engine)